Today, I made an important decision in my life by becoming a minimalist !Trying to own less is going to be an incredible journey for me. To begin with, I will test myself with my closet…
Later on, I will post pics of all my donations clothes’ bags. I am just doing my second one, its okay. And let’s not even talk about the ones I have done in the past few years. I mean, we can agree that I started this minimalist process a while back ! To the point that we have been sharing clothes between best friends before donating anything no one in our circle of friends would use.
Credits: Closet tour
Why I started being a minimalist…
First of all, it’s useless having so much! Most of us learnt the idea ” the more you have, the happier you will be”. As I grow up, I am realizing that ” the less we have, the happier we can be”. It is definitely a matter of choosing things wisely and always go for what is best for you. Surprisingly, your closet can simply define the type of person you are.
Start with the following procedures
- Take a whole day for that !
- Take your time
- Take everything out of your closet
- Go out of your bedroom
- Bring all your clothes somewhere else in the house. Yes, do look like a crazy person for seconds !
- Pile your stuff by categories: skirts, pants, blouses, etc. It will help you see what type of clothes you have more.
- Decide what to keep
- If you can’t decide: try them on and ask yourself what do I wear most or try to remember the last time you have worn something. If you can’t remember, bye bye !
- That’s it. Good job!
- You can go bring back the clothes you kept
- Donate the non-chosen clothes
- Get rid of the ones which need to be thrown away
- If you are really bad like me, you might have to do this several times because you get attach to your clothes and you decide depending on your mood, the day, etc.